Monday, June 17, 2019

It is a man's world and loft ...

... and that it why the sofa HAS to be leather!!
I personally would not even consider leather as an option because I always slide around on this material. But all my male friends are totally set on leather couches....

Granted, with a carpet and some accessories leather looks pretty cool!

The reading spot that clamps onto the iron pole needed a bit of creativity. I found the shade in a model building shop for ship models. After spending some one hour in there I found these metal parts, hoping that I could use them for the clamp..

And now this guy needs a TV and some sort of a bookshelf....

Hugs, Marion

Sunday, June 9, 2019

Kitchen Loft Style

Going to the 1:12 Fair in Rheda, Germany, and seeing my mini friends has inspired me again!
So, I finally completed the kitchen in my loft.

I thought that this kind of apartment does not need a kitchen fan - enough air circulating ;-)
I found these handles in a shop for model airplanes.

Here some details...
Note the light in this cupboard and I managed to put rails for the shutter on the sides. Bending the brass without losing the grove of the rail was the challenge...
The toaster and kettle are from Minifanaberia - just perfect as always!
I even fround garlic, onions and potatoes for the basekt!

Oops, the soap seems to fall over just now! But the industrial look faucet from Mini Arquitect Fransciso is super realistic!
The tools on the wall are from various sources: Minifanaberia, Pierluigi and the brush I made myself.

And the bathroom is now fully equiped with toothbruh, towels and all. I have not managed to find a shaver as yet, since Ulus Miniatures does not sell online any longer... just at fairs ;-(.

Next up: making furniture for the lounge...


Friday, April 19, 2019

Miniature Console Table and real life...

It has been a while - but then: I was in South Africa for a while and came back with more of this funky fabric. I finally could make a real cover for my real life sofa!!
Gervasoni Ghost sofa cover

My new-old home is now pretty much how I wanted it. Except for a custom made hallway console table. I scouted without being successful. So, I designed my own fit-to-measure. First a mini model...

And in the end, it all turned out differentlv :-)....

Not terribly active on the mini side at this moment. I had to catch up at the business front and now that the inside of my house is done, the garden is next!
My loft project is still pretty much where it was 5 months ago - and I am a bit stuck with the color of the kitchen cubpoards...

However, I am going to 1:12 in Rheda in May and hope to get inspired again....
And then I can hopefully show you some progress!


Sunday, January 20, 2019

1:1 renovation completed

I promised to show some before/after photos... here they are!

Fireplace before

Fireplace and lounge after 

Kitchen before
Kitchen after: movable bar counter, and a dishwash drawer (!) at working height 

before; TV corner

after : dining area
Entrance before

Entrance after - with a open closet for ALL my shoes, coats and handbags!!!

Before, my office
After, my bedroom with en suite bath

Before: sun room and where I stored my mini houses (round the corner on the left..)
After: sun room with foldable guest bed.. and I just love this wallpaper!

After: making one room out of the kids bedrooms for minis and office

Building can be painless with the right workmen: mine were tremendous, they worked hand-in-hand with each other. They were done in 9 weeks with all the new floors, walls, false ceilings, electrical wiring, new bathrooms, custom made kitchen, plumbing and all. I was afraid that all this indirect LED lighting would not be homely - but, boy, the technology today is just fantastic!

Moved in mid December again - love the wood and bright-airy look. My mini models certainly inspired me to design this concept. And - cleaning out loads of stuff was such a relief! 

So, now I am walking around with a constant smile :-))))
Still need to make a few curtains and things and then I am back into mini-building again.