Monday, April 6, 2020

Tutorial scale 1;12 round modern wood Dining Table



You need:
·      basswood, thinner one for the legs, thicker (3-4mm) for the top.
·      balsa for the centerpiece
·      Sanding paper and patience

I started off by making a prototype in cardboard. The most important was that the legs looked proportionally right.


Once happy with the look, I cut a tabletop and sanded it on the disc sander to a perfect 12cm circle.
Then I sanded the edges so that the appearance of the tabletop became elegant.

Then I used this template to make 4 legs.


Best to wrap the basswood with masking tape because it easily chips when cutting.
I cut mine with a standard japan knife because basswood is not very hard.

Next step: made a square balsa piece into a ‘cross’. This is about 1.2cm long.
Then glued the legs one by one onto that piece using a Lego guide so that the legs all touched.






Painted the center part and the table top with ‘walnut’ glaze (Lasur), and then hoped that the top was dead straight!

Alas, the level did detect a flaw!


The easiest way was to add a piece of paper/cardboard right under the table top.
Sanding off to get it level is much more difficult and usually spoils it all.

Now the table was ready to be shown off!

15 comments:

  1. Thank you really clear instructions. I've bookmarked it so I can find you again

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunning table!
    Thank you for sharing your tutorials with the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful table. Thank you for the clearly written tutorial. I especially appreciated the tip to protect the bass wood with masking tape while cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I really need to do this for my Downtown Loft. Gorgeous and your tutorial is clear and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome Marion and I'd love to try the pattern out on my Maker! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Marion,

    I more or less stumbled on your blog by accident. I love the modern miniatures. they are very stylish. I love following this blog already. I just wanted you to know.

    With miniatured I myself just focus on an old house in a period setting, but I love modern design and architecture. So it is great fun to peruse through your posts. And so many tutorials are really informative and inspiring. thank you!

    Huibrecht

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi huibrecht, so glad that you enjoy my blog. unfortunately I haven^t maintained it lately. but you just reminded me... :-). alterntively, lots more pix on my instagram account. I love the clean uncluttered look of contemporary settings. but thanks god that preferences are so varied - it makes mini building so interesting. take care and thanks for contacting me.

      Delete
  7. Pokervvip merupakan situs judi poker online pkv games terpercaya dan juga bandarq indonesia terbaik
    hanya dengan minimal deposit 10 ribu saja anda sudah bisa memainkan 9 permianan yang sudah sangat populer
    di server pkv games online, dapatkan bosnus cashback 0.5% setiap minggunya dan bonus referal 20% untuk selamannya

    Agen Poker Pkv Terpercaya
    Agen Poker Online
    Poker PKv Terpercaya
    Agen Poker Online Terpercaya
    Situs Judi Poker Online Pkv
    agen poker pkv
    bandar poker
    Agen Poker pkv
    Agen Poker
    situs pokervvip

    ReplyDelete
  8. Es fantástica esa mesa, me parece preciosa! Muchas gracias por el tutorial!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like so much to see your creations and wish I could do half as nice things as you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just noticed this blog! Thank you very much for your tutorials and lovely work

    ReplyDelete
  11. Luis Suarez is an Uruguayan soccer player, and one of the highest-paid soccer players in the world. Suarez has won many awards for his outstanding talent throughout his career.

    ReplyDelete
  12. เว็บสล็อตออนไลน์ ambbets.com มีโปรโมชั่นเยอะที่สุด โปรเยอะมาก !! โบนัสฟรี เครดิตฟรีเเจกเเบบไม่มีกั๊ก สมัครambbet ได้เเล้ววันนี้ด้วยขั้นตอนง่ายๆ ที่ปุ่มด่านบนของเว็บไซต์ เราออกเเบบมาให้เข้าถึงง่ายๆ ผู้เล่นใหม่สามารถใช้งานได้สบายๆ สามารถเลือกฝากได้ทั้งแบบ ธนาคาร เเละทรูมันนี่วอเลท ไม่มีค่าทำเนียมใดๆ ในการสมัคร ไม่มีขั้นต่ำ พร้อมบริการตลอด 24 ชั่วโมง.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for This Amazing and fantastic article Webcric Live Matches

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mom, I’m honoured to be your son! You are an amazing mother and human being, and I wish you the best of luck this year on your special day! Congratulations on your birthday!
    Happy Birthday Mom From Daughter

    Happy Birthday Mom Status

    ReplyDelete