Sunday, September 2, 2018

Industrial miniature bathroom

Let me first share with you the completion of the bathroom in this loft.
Industrial is industrial - and that is why the corrugated iron looks perfect in here
This spotlight was a bit of a find in a railway model bulding store. More below...




Spotlight: it even moves...


The 12v bulb was not strong enough though - so, I replaced it with this one
Supplier


Mini Group in Switzerland

And then, I met a great mini group here in Switzerland at the Fair in Rheda in spring. They meet regularly, mainly in the Basel region. But this time, we met at my place and had a fun evening making toothbrushes.
We tried out many materials, mainly cocktail sticks. And I told them the story of Pepper losing her clear toothbrush handle on the floor ... spending hours to find it again!
Guess what????? Carmen dropped hers as well - but even on my parquet floor we never found the (one and only) she made 😉😉 !!! She went home empty handed... 😒😒



But now my mini activity will come to a stand-still for a while!

I have decided to re-do my entire ground-floor apartment in real life: kitchen, walls, bathroom, floor - the works.

Funny, how one can plan and re-design for others - but my own home....
So, I hired an architect friend with a really creative mind and he came up with a plan that totally convinces me. And since I am the only person living here I can decide about everything :-)

It will change from this....

to this...
... with double the size studio than I have now! So, I can build and store many more houses!!

of course, I had to make a model ;-)

This means putting everything in storage once I start building - just as if moved house. Perfect occasion to clear up and throw out. 

I will 'camp' in the guest bedroom and bathroom (these rooms only get a new floor) during construction to be here to supervise work. And for the weekends I count on my friends...

Since I already renovated a number of flats and houses in real life, I will do the project management. Right now I am busy doing the specs for the builders and getting the quotes. 

It is all sooooo exciting! But it means as well loads of decision making.... 

I will keep you updated though and share this adventure to some extent with you all ;-)

Take care
Marion




No comments:

Post a Comment