Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Old Farmhouse Roombox x2

I liked this room box so much that I am keeping it!
This meant: I have to make a 2nd one for my friend in South Africa ... haha

It is a little less detailed (only visible for model builders :-) without working lights. But most likely it  fits her more traditional view of an old farmhouse room better; checkered curtains and all. Actually, I am convinced that she will love this.
Used a ready made dresser...

wonderfully painted chest (not by me.. haha)

no cladding...
The chest for my room box still needs painting - but that is in the making...

***************************

Since I am running out of table space for more houses I decided to do a model that can be hung on a wall - something like a large room box.

It will be part of an old locomotive shed with brick walls, metal structures and all. I was inspired on my train trip to the Mini Fair in Milan a couple of months ago - loads of derelict sheds next to the railway lines.
Inside I plan a modern loft living situation.
Working with different materials will be super learning curve again... something I really enjoy.

The dry fit is done! It was wonderful working outside in the garden again - especially with that Cornus tree blooming and smelling wonderful!




I am busy with designing the stairs and hope that it works out. At the show in Rheda (Germany) last week I decided against using the ready made metal cirular stairs - the were too 'lovely' for an industrial loft like this one.

****************************************

Spending the weekend with my friends Elisabeth Elsner von Gronow, Alexandra Cantatore from Milan, Joachim Kühner (porcelain painting), Stephan Wein (goldsmith) with dog Trudi and Marion Kröller was a joy! I had a little display of my 3D stuff at Elisabeth's stand.

And I bought loads of hardware, special wood strips, kitchen applicances from Minifanaberia and glass from Ray Storey, a sterling silver horse from Stefan Wein and I will try this led strip from John Kilner for indirect lighting.



So, this is is for the moment. Let me get back to the stairs project - a rather challenging task 😏

Hugs, Marion




No comments:

Post a Comment