Saturday, April 29, 2017

Chigaco Mini Shows 2017

Not only 1 but 3 miniature shows were running during 5 days and all of them within 20km distance!!

- 3BlindMice was your run-of-the-mill stuff, but excellent for 1/2" and 1/4".
- The Miniature Show was of excellent standard with a manageable amount of exhibitors (... it was possible to find the table again where I spotted something earlier..). See lots of photos of artists at Facebook site
- Tom Bishop Show was huge with some extremely high-end minis and artists. Seeing these high standards is challenging..

What I learned:
- Always book for previews in order to have first choice!
- To go home straight after the dhow because I am ready to try all new things

Here what I collected for my contemporary style during the past days
Dorota from MiniFanaberia

Yukio Kawai in TokyoJapan

From Dorota of MiniFanaberia, and the sewing machine and, and....

Lidi Strout Basketcase Miniatures - the best!  ..filled with fruit from various artists

English quality with real bristles, best toothbrushes I have ever seen

...and Marie  Michael Creutz from minis2you have great ice skates, too...

Exquisite raku pottery from Hairy Potter

Yukio Kawai in Tokyo, Japan

kitchen tools collected from various producers
and Ulus Miniaturas has not seen the last of me...
Stunning! From Pia Becker - Lamis Minis

Unfortunately Kari Bloom was sick and not there with her stunning furniture - I would have loved to see this in real...

My bag is not only with lots of ideas but as well with material from Michaels, Blick, HobbyLobby and other shops where I spent hours browsing and hunting.

This was as mind blowing as it can get!
And it was great meeting some remarkable mini artists and making new friends 😎



No comments:

Post a Comment