Sunday, January 20, 2019

1:1 renovation completed



I promised to show some before/after photos... here they are!

before
after
Fireplace before

Fireplace and lounge after 

Kitchen before
Kitchen after: movable bar counter, and a dishwash drawer (!) at working height 

before; TV corner

after : dining area
Entrance before


Entrance after - with a open closet for ALL my shoes, coats and handbags!!!

Before, my office
After, my bedroom with en suite bath



Before: sun room and where I stored my mini houses (round the corner on the left..)
After: sun room with foldable guest bed.. and I just love this wallpaper!

After: making one room out of the kids bedrooms for minis and office



Building can be painless with the right workmen: mine were tremendous, they worked hand-in-hand with each other. They were done in 9 weeks with all the new floors, walls, false ceilings, electrical wiring, new bathrooms, custom made kitchen, plumbing and all. I was afraid that all this indirect LED lighting would not be homely - but, boy, the technology today is just fantastic!

Moved in mid December again - love the wood and bright-airy look. My mini models certainly inspired me to design this concept. And - cleaning out loads of stuff was such a relief! 

So, now I am walking around with a constant smile :-))))
Still need to make a few curtains and things and then I am back into mini-building again.

Marion


2 comments:

  1. It looks amazing! And I can't believe they did all that in 9 weeks! I am still so happy walking around our apartment after our renovation, and it was 2 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, the boys were simply fantastic! and produced quality on top of it all. so chuffed... :-)

      Delete